Thursday, February 17, 2011

MENTAL STATES

Learning to speak well in public is a wonderful skill that can pay off handsomely if you use it well. I have made this one of my goals, yet since the start of the New Year have yet to start it. I went with a friend to check it out, and what do you know they ask me to do one of their table topics.

Now I wasnt feeling all that well, and said to myself, this is  not one of those nights i want to give any kind of speech..It is  just hard to flip a switch and feel good and on your toes, when you have told yourself "bad day"  The body follows the mind, so I got up there to opine on FB and had precious little to say and no humor to add with it. I felt awkward and somewhat disappointed with myself...

Learning to deal with your awkward moments is even more important. One of the most important thing to do is to learn how to change your mental state. Not easy but possible. Thinking on your feet and pulling stuff out of the air even when it isnt your favorite topic, is hard, but it i a good exercise.  Instantly i started critizing TM and how they evaluate everything to death. However most of it is positive feedback, and it helps people feel like have a peer group upon which to lean on as they strive for personal and professional growth.

I have felt that awkward moment with sale calls, socializing, and being put on the spot; if we let it spur us on to greater development and mental flexibility we get stronger and more confident in the long run.

Dont let awkward moments where you didnt look the way you wanted, let it be a CATALYST. Tony Robbins has some excellent work on managing your mental states for success.http://www.affirmations-for-radical-success.com/mental-techniques.html

No comments:

Post a Comment