Tuesday, January 31, 2012

SHRUG IT OFF

 We all have had experiences where someone has mistreated us or acted rudely.  CAN YOU FEEL IT THE INDIGNATION RISING IN YOU, THE IRRESTIBLE IMPULSE TO CLOBBER SOMEONE WHO HAS WRONGED OR EVEN GOT IN YOUR FACE, AND DARED YOU TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT??

I was entering a gas station, and turning right and I noticed a young man in dark clothing  coming up on the sidewalk I stopped and he stopped  .. Presumably I was going to turn in, but he motioned for me to turn in first. I did, and a torrent of expletives you God..... open your GD eyes..!!  Wow he burned my ears as I drove past,

Part of me wanted to go back there, and say listen you low life, get a life and stop ,..,, around. I shrugged it off and laughed to myself and pumped gas. 

I reflected on peoples responses and how today it seems peoples anger is riding just underneath the surface, ready to boil over at the first opportunity! This young fellow's anger sure was..

Another time i was riding in town and another car pulled out in front of me to get going the other way,, he did pull into the median but it was blocking my progress going the other way.  I had the rightof way and could have told him so, in words or gestures.  he then sat there for a moment calculating my reaction.. I had none, He went on..

Now the thing is I could have  screamed my offense and got into a confrontation. I kept my cool rode it out and moved on.  Did I feel like it?  Of course!

Proverbs tells us that Anger rests in the bosom of fools. A fool cannot control his anger,  and so on.

Lets keep it under control.. if we get angry over these things, Think what will happen when the real provocation comes on!!

No comments:

Post a Comment